Images, videos and other media are one of the most powerful contents available for a website. Images are faster to assess and have a stronger impact on the visitor compared to a simple text block. Therefore Contao allows you to integrate different kinds of media easily. When creating a media element, e.g. for an image, in the back end, you are able to:
- select a media source where the image is uploaded from
- a substitute text, which is shown, if the image can not be displayed
- the height and width of the image, the distance of the image to the surrounding text
- the destination website, if the image acts as a link
- a subline for the image
- the option to show the image in full resolution, when the visitor clicks on the image Some media can also be grouped in a gallery.